Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Book Kickoff Set

I'm delighted to tell you that the first official event for my autobiography, It is Written: My Life in Letters, will take place on Thursday, September 4, at the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library on the University of Georgia campus.

The time will be announced later.

I couldn't be happier that my friends at the Library have made this happen. I'm a member of the Georgia Writers Hall of Fame, which is housed there, and so I've become good friends with the people there over the past few years.

In many ways this is one of the real highlights of my writing life. Strangely (and wonderfully) enough, when my parents moved to Athens in 1946 to attend the University of Georgia on the GI Bill, they moved into an apartment on North Hull Street about 200 yards from the location of the Russell Library, of which Hargrett is a part.

We looking forward to making it a real event, not just an autographing, so I'd be really grateful if you'd keep it in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment