Thursday, November 27, 2014

I'm Thankful

And possibly the world's worst blogger.

The simple truth is that I had run completely out of steam in the writing, editing, and publication of my autobiography. And for that reason, I just needed to quietly steal away for a few weeks. But now I am gathering some thoughts again (if not my wits), and will try to post on this blog from time to time.

In the meantime, in family and friends, I am among the luckiest men on planet Earth. I am so proud of my children and grandchildren. I'm almost 65 and my father is still alive and productive. I love my wife, and we've been married for 42 years now. We laugh together about something almost every day of our lives. We both love watching Westerns on TV and sitting by the fireplace fire with a good book on cold evenings.

I love these cold brisk mornings we've had of late. And I enjoy the bonfire we always have at my brother Mark's house on Thanksgiving afternoon.

I am so grateful for the kind comments of old friends and new ones about my latest book. I'm excited about my book of love poems that will be out in a few months.

So many terrible things happen in the world each day that it's hard at times to keep trudging along. But we do, and the small joys of life, it turns out, aren't small at all. They are the open gates to the happiness of our days if we will only walk through them.

A happy and blessed Thanksgiving 2014 to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment