Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hands On

For the past few days I've been looking through a copy of my new book, and it's like taking lightning speed flight through part of my life.

One of the points I make about biography and autobiography in the book is that the real telling of one person's life would be utterly endless, often fascinating, and yet for the most part blissfully dull, filled with days of which there was nothing special to be afraid.

I do hope readers enjoy the trip I went on.

                                                                    *

My friend Felicia Mitchell has a volume of poetry out, Waltzing with Horses, from Press 53 in Winston-Salem. It's a magnificent piece of work spanning a number of years. Look it up and buy it if you want to live with poems that will change your life and make you rejoice in the beauty of our days.

                                                                    *

Coming up on the opening event for It Is Written: My Life in Letters on the University of Georgia campus. Hope as many people as can will be there. It's at the Russell Special Collections Library at 300 Hull Street from 5-7 p.m. on Sept. 4, and parking in the high-rise deck next to the library is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment