Friday, June 13, 2014

Telling Our Stories

Just saw an absolutely magnificent documentary film by Canadian actor and director Sarah Polley, and I want to give it my highest recommendation and urge you to watch it.

It's called Stories We Tell, and it's the story of Sarah's search for her biological father. On the surface that sounds like a snore, but it's anything but. In fact, it's one of the most brilliantly conceived and executed films I've seen in years.
Sarah Polley

If you subscribe to Amazon Prime, it's up showing for free right now, and I can only tell you that you will be richer in a thousand ways if you watch it:

http://www.amazon.com/Stories-We-Tell-Pixie-Bigelow/dp/B00EDGYBE8/ref=sr_1_8?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1402638132&sr=1-8

Polley is someone I've admired for several years now, since seeing her lovely and generous film My Life without Me.

Stories We Tell is a transcendentally beautiful piece of work that combines old home movies, new interviews with members of her family, and actor recreations of important points in the lives of all those people.

Having just written my own autobiography, her focus on how we all tell our stories and how different they can be is fascinating to me.

Sarah Polley is still young, but she is one of Canada's brightest stars in the arts world. You won't regret giving this film a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment