Sunday, March 9, 2014

Emerson's Brother e-book

My novel Emerson's Brother, nominated for a Townsend Prize for Fiction, is now available as an e-book on Kobo.

For information on the book and on Kobo, go to http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/Search?Query=Philip+Lee+Williams.

I believe this is one of the most deeply moving books I've ever written,
about the last year in the life of Ralph Waldo Emerson's mentally challenged brother Bulkeley. I've long had an interest in the siblings of the famous, and this epistolary novel is warm, troubling, complex, and, in the end, transcendent.

I believe you will love it.

The Townsend Prize is the oldest literary prize in the state of Georgia. My book is one of ten finalists for the event, which will be held April 24 in Atlanta. More on that later. I won the prize with my first novel, The Heart of a Distant Forest, in 1986.

No comments:

Post a Comment